The Santa Rosa Workshop 2012 was a blast. On Friday evening we had a mixer with Tumbleweed staff and fans at the Sandpiper Restaurant in Bodega Bay. Great time! Pictured below is the view of the bay from the Sandpiper.
Each month we visit 2 cities around the US. You can learn more about other upcoming workshops here.
I wanted to also thank our many presenters:
- Kevin Casey from New Avenue Homes spoke about the process of building a backyard cottage
- Mark Fallin, a Sonoma County local, shared his knowledge on HVAC and energy
- Austin Hay dropped in to share his journey of building a tiny home (see his blog)
- JT told his story of building and now living in his Tumbleweed (read more)
- Pepper Clark of Bungalow To Go helped people design their own models and let everyone tour her two homes under construction
THANKS to all the amazing, friendly-as-all-heck, and enthusiastic tiny house fans/geeks/addicts that I was lucky enough to meet while teaching the Chicago Tumbleweed Tiny House Workshop. Chicago (4th visit now) still remains as one of my favorite cities ever- and man oh man does that town have some amazing musicians and blues joints! 50 people, all about tiny houses- it was a blast!
See you in NYC next! Oct 20th weekend! -Deek
photo Rich Hein
We are really looking forward to a great workshop in Chicago this weekend September 15-16! We will have an amazing group of students sharing their experiences of building this great house for Northwest University. In addition we will have speakers from the Material Exchange. They are super savvy in using reclaimed materials on a variety of projects.
Hope to see you all there! We'll be getting started about 9:00 AM and ending up at 5:00 PM
Caroline Collective is a coworking space that provides a unique combination of private workspace, public art space, and open desk space. It's the perfect place to host. Plus, it's only a few blocks away from the Wheeler stop on the Houston Light Rail route. We have a few more cool surprises up our sleeves for Houston. Something about food trucks...
Why not join us? Learn more about the workshop here.
Caroline Collective - 4820 Caroline St., Houston, TX 77004 Google Map