of you who wonder if you could build your own Tumbleweed with little to
no building experience, I'd like you to meet Ella and her Little Yellow
You will love her story. First of all, where can we get neighbor like hers? You've got to read this post. How kind! Ella really lets you in on the process and it shows in every post. Oh, and the pics? AMAZING!
Did you catch this one important detail in her first post? Ella went to the workshop we held in Los Angeles.
We strongly believe that going to the workshop in your area is
an essential first-step if you intend to build a Tumbleweed. Be sure to grab a seat in a city near you.
We'll be adding more cities in the coming months. In the meantime,
spend a few minutes (or hours) checking out Ella's build. No building
skills? No problem! Go Ella, go!
Are you a Tumbleweed fan? Then we're looking for you! Our most popular house, the Fencl, is moving its way around the New York state area. Could your business benefit by displaying our tiny house for a while?
Here is what's in it for you:
- Tumbleweed will promote your business as the host of our tiny house.
Since the media loves stories like these, we will issue 2 press
releases on PRWeb promoting the fact that you are hosting a tiny house
for the public to come and see. The second release will announce an
official open house where people can come for a tour.
- We will promote the house and location at your business regularly on
our Facebook Fan Page (over 30,000 fans) in our newsletter (over
120,000 subscribers) and on our website.
- You will receive books to sell at the open houses which will cover your costs.
- Plus hundreds of people will come to your business giving yourself a chance to attract new business.
Our open houses often attract 100-200 people in a 2-3 hour window. There are 3 ways to organize an open house:
- One was just to have it available to view every day the business was
open. The door was unlocked during business hours, and people could
just walk on in and take a look around.
- The second option was to have the house on site, but keep it locked except during specified open houses.
- The third way was to do a combination of both.
If interested, please email us here.
Lovely, isn't it? We are thrilled to showcase this stunning Harbinger, built by one of our satisfied customers.
Where do we begin? That gorgeous lavender bathroom with the classic black & white tile? The perfect back porch? The bright and sunny loft area? If I had to guess, I'd say your eyes where probably drawn to the killer orange kitchen. Love it!
Here's what the customer had to say about her Tumbleweed:
"Now that I’ve lived in the home for a few months, I can’t imagine needing anything bigger. My neighbors, who have much larger homes, probably talk it up more than I do, and I never want for visitors who enjoy relaxing in my cozy living room or out on the deck. There are plenty of small spaces to be had in my town, but few are single-family, energy-efficient homes. I’m glad to have built a Tumbleweed from the ground up and to be able to live in a way that supports my values, particularly in a time when that can be so hard to do."
Feast your eyes on all this small house goodness! The Harbinger
is 404 square feet downstairs with a loft above. It is one of our nine cottages ranging from 261 square feet to 843 square feet. These cottages are designed to be built on a foundation and meet the International Building Code requirements. See all nine here
Photos by Daryl Shaw
of all, thank you all so much for the avalanche of emails and comments.
I'm trying my best to get back to as many of you as I can. In the
meantime, our master builder Bill Rockhill will be hosting an Open House
on Sunday, November 20th from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm. Here is the
1530 Bear Creek Road
Woodgate New York 13494
Want an email reminder and additional info? Then sign up below:
One of the joys for me of working at Tumbleweed is getting to see a finished
house. It's one thing to look at those expertly designed plans on paper,
it's another thing to see those plans translated into an actual
dwelling. I had that opportunity late in the summer: I got to walk my
way through a finished Fencl. Let me tell you, I just love that house! I
love seeing the craftsmanship, feeling the attention to details and
knowing that someone was about to take ownership of a work of art. Well,
guess what? We've got another Fencl ready for a new owner!
customized Fencl is just stunning. It's rare that we have a finished
home available and we wanted you, our loyal fans, to have an opportunity
to purchase this masterpiece. There's no need to wait 3-5 moths for it.
We can ship it this week. Here are the details:
- The house features a standing seam roof, which is an upgrade over
the standard corrugated aluminum sheet roof. Standing seam roofs have
incredibly long lives.
- All the windows are insulated, double pane windows with tempered glass. They are also well-finished.
- In the Great Room we added a removable and adjustable desk that can be lowered as a seat, or completely removed.
- The bathroom has a shower and a low flush RV toilet
- The loft has an opening window and a skylight. From the reverse angle you can see the shelving in the loft.
- Not only are there shelves in the great room, but the closet also
has shelving. Our builder Bill, made them adjustable, so you can remove
or resize as needed.
- The kitchen includes a fridge/freezer, 2 burner propane stove top,
kitchen sink, air conditioner, custom drawers, cabinets and more
- The mini fireplace has a dual exhaust so that it brings air from outside, and doesn't burn up oxygen in the house.
- We added an air conditioner to the back of the house.
- Air conditioner
- Standing seam roof
- Adjustable shelving
- Custom kitchen cabinetry
- Extra electrical capacity
The price is $53,997 and the upgrades are being added on for free.