Made in the USA, Tumbleweed trailers create a perfect foundation for your home. Designed specifically to carry your most prized possesion - your home. tiny houses on wheels
Tumbleweed ensures your quality-built trailer comes standard with brakes, lights, underside flashing and special trailer radial tires. These tires are a significant upgrade from tires normally found on utility trailers and extremely important for your safety. These radials differ from traditional bias-ply tires in their construction, minimizing tread wear and improving flexibility for better handling with heavier loads.
The average steel-belted radial gets about 100,000 miles of wear, while the bias-ply tires generally only get about 30,000 miles. These special trailer tires are specifically designed for us on trailers towed behind another vehicle.
Our suspension package, with multiple 5,000 lb axles, comfortably carries the weight of you tiny home. Standard 3,500 lb axles found on standard trailers may not meet your needs.
Designed for a tiny home
When it comes to attaching your house to the trailer, techniques have improved greatly over the years. Tumbleweed has taken advantage of the latest technology and added zinc-plated, all thread rods which serve as anchor bolts for the house framing. Heavy-duty, they are made to withstand major wind-drafting when driving on the open road and keep your house firmly attached to the trailer.
Additionally the trailer is designed to allow more than 3.5" of extra headroom in the house interior, something you cannot achieve on any other regular trailer. This increased headroom is a result of the trailer design, which allows for the insulation and floor framing to be a part of the trailer itself, eliminating the need for framing the floor separately. This improvement saves time and materials on your build, in addition to gaining the extra space where you need it — in the living space!
Tumbleweed trailers, which are deck-between, work with Elm, Cypress and Linden plans. The Mica design requires a deck-over trailer which we do not build.
Here's what you get:
- Safety: Tires and suspension that can carry the load of a tiny home.
- Head Space: Our trailer's unique design provides an extra 3.5" of head room.
- Weatherized: Coated so it wont rust like most trailers.
- Leveling: Scicsor Jacks come installed on all 4 corners.
- Instructions: We show you how to easily attach your home.
Get it financed!
0% interest for up to 18 months. Pay it off before your interest rate goes up.
After the zero interest period ends, expect 9.95% to 14.95% interest rates on your remaining balance. Interest will not be applied retroactively, and only starts once the 0% period has expired. $199 loan fee applies if you accept the loan.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR FINANCING
Learn more about the different types of trailers
Learn more about towing a tiny house
Purchase the Tumbleweed Trailer
|Lead time is approximately 4-8 weeks.
Order On This Page Or Reach Us Below
Tumbleweed Trailer Specs:
- Radial tires: 6 lug hub, ST225/75/R15 LRD
- Gross vehicle weight rating (GVW) of 10,000 lbs (18-20' trailer) or 15,000 lbs (24' trailer)
- All axles have brakes
- Actual Trailer Width: 8'6"
- Trailer Bed Width: 6'11"
- 5/8"DIA. Zinc plated all-threaded rods, on corners (8)
- Minimum tongue length of 4'
- Exterior Structure: HSS 5x2x.120
- Interior Structure: C3"x3.5 per linear foot
- Threaded Rod Yield Strength: 45ksi, handles load of 8,900 lbs
- Dexter Spring 5,200 lb axle
- Flashing: 22 gauge galvannealed steel sheet
- 7 Blade Trailer Connector for electrical wiring
- Standard 2 - 5/16” ball hitch
- Safety chains: rated for 7,600 lbs. each
- Hitch Jack: rated to hold 2,000 lbs
- Scissor Leveling Jacks (4)
- The trailer finish is a 2 part process with an epoxy primer and a urethane top coat
- Bracket-mounted trailer lights for easy removal during building & reapplication after construction, with incandescent bulbs (8)
FREE Pick Up Locations
- Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Colorado Springs, CO 80809
- DeLand, FL 32720
- Portland, OR 97034
- Waterville, KS 66548
Need The Trailer Delivered To You?
New Hampshire: $850
New Jersey: $500
New Mexico: $500
New York: $500
No. Carolina: $1,000
North Dakota: $1,200
Rhode Island: $650
South Carolina: $700
South Dakota: $600
West Virginia: $600