Decorating a Tiny House RV requires ingenuity and creativity. Try utilizing all five sense when decorating your tiny space: smell, touch, sight, sound and taste. Consider alternatives – do you really need a humongous Christmas tree to enjoy your holiday? It’s time to get creative.
This Christmas, think tiny!
When it comes to decorating a tiny space, a little goes a long way. For classy decor, keep your decorations simple and sparse. Combine a few of the following “simple decor ideas” this Christmas in your Tumbleweed.
Simple Decor Ideas:
- Attach two or three strands of LED or Solar Powered Christmas lights to your tiny roof. Because two or three is all you need!
- Hang a holiday wreath on your door to create a festive entrance way.
- Hang a mistletoe in your loft.
- Collect pinecones and spray paint them with festive colors, frost paint and/or glitter. Display them around your Tiny House RV or create a tiny DIY Christmas tree.
- Frost your windows
- Hang faux snow flakes from your ceiling
Christmas candle, holiday cookies and sweaters!
- Purchase a holiday scented candle to fill your tiny space with a Christmas aroma
- Bake holiday cookies or hang candy canes. The aroma and occasional treat will stimulate your sense of taste.
- Hang jingle bells on your doorknob to ring in some Christmas cheer
- Gingerbread house. What could be more fun (or ironic) than creating a miniature gingerbread Tiny House RV? Your tastebuds will appreciate the holiday cheer!
Christmas Tree Options for Tiny House RVs
A standard Christmas tree can overpower the useable space in your Tiny House RV, but don’t worry, we’ve listed a few creative alternatives that still embodied the Christmas spirit.
- DIY Wall Mounted Tree. Create wall art in the shape of a tree. Use branches, ornaments, or a single stand of lights! The kids will love this DIY project.
Purchase a canvas and let your kids paint their own Christmas tree or make one with sticky felt pieces. You can create a collage of items found outdoors, old jewelry pieces, quotes from your favorite story book or lyrics from your favorite Christmas carols. The options are limitless!
- Edible Christmas Tree. The best part about this Christmas tree is that you don’t have to throw it away or store it! Keep a bag of truffles to replace the ones you eat. This tree will just keep giving!
- Outdoor Christmas Tree. Why not decorate a living tree in your front yard? Get as elaborate as you want! You can even choose a tree larger that your Tiny House RV.
A miniature tree in Brittany’s Bayside Bungalow
- Miniature Tree / Plant. Purchase a small house plant and decorate it as your Christmas tree. After the holidays it will continue to act as everyday decor, or plant it outside.
Jenna Spesard is currently living and traveling around North America in a DIY Tumbleweed Cypress with her partner, Guillaume. They are photographing and writing about Tiny Homes and their adventure. Follow their informative blog.