How many of you have been dreaming of going tiny for years? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Meet Lizz Flowers. She has been fixated with the tiny house movement since she was 17 years old. Growing up in New York city, Lizz first came across Tumbleweed Tiny Homes when her mother and sister left a pamphlet on the kitchen table. As she flipped through the pages, she was transfixed by the Tumbleweed Cypress.
Years later Lizz’s dream has finally come true. In 2016, she and her partner, Jason, worked with a Tumbleweed to create a Cypress that would fit their style and needs. Once it was complete, she flew to our Colorado Springs facility to get a first look at her dream come true, eight years in the making!
Lizz loves her neutral color palette, which gives her Tiny House RV a light and airy aesthetic. After owning her Tiny for a few months, and using the space, she has discovered a few improvements that could be made. Sharing the afterthoughts of our customers is very helpful for future Tiny Housers. Therefore, I asked Lizz to open up about her “should’ve’s” and “could’ve’s.”
Lizz Flowers, what would you do differently?
- I wish I bought a guest book before picking up the Tiny!
- I wish I had cupboards for clothing on the side of my stairs instead of the drawers.
- The screen door on the small door gets in the way so I wish I hadn’t bothered with that.
- Two burners have been fine on the stove, but I wish they were farther apart! With two pots, they barely fit at the same time, and it is a little hazardous. I also wish the burners had their own ignition source.
- Taxes: I should have registered in Colorado, not in California. If I registered it in Colorado and kept it there for a year, I wouldn’t have had to pay $9k in California sales tax!